February 25, 2010

Finished

I finally did it...I finished all 6 seasons of Dawson's Creek. So what! I'm sentimental...maybe because I interact with so many children makes me this way. Nevertheless, in my opinion, it is the best teen drama of all time...even better than One Tree Hill...just don't hold my guiltiest pleasure against me, please!

Cold air and flurries blew in today...wind chills near 25 degrees make me yearn for warm, tropical breezes enjoyed in the summer. Those winds fill the sails of our camp's sailboats, and offer a challenge to our canoers and kayakers. Cold air now only fills our leaky office drafts and barren facial skin - but I enjoy that, too. North Carolina truly has 4 seasons, all with varying degrees of comfort. The east has blustery cold winters, mild springs and falls, and HOT summers. The major pasttime of the winter in the east appears to be thinking. Thinking about the summer. Crab boats have to be repaired, as do the pots and lines and buoys found on and under them..most of this is well underway, if not completed. As soon as March warms up, expect to see those boats about.

The Conservation Order on snow geese in about to lift. When most folks here "conservation order", they think moratorium on snow goose harvest. Think the opposite. Snow geese are "conserved" by additional hunting efforts. Snow geese are interesting birds...they flock by the 1000's, not pairs or tens or hundreds. They are eating their nesting grounds to pieces, sharing diseases, and booming the fox population...when the birds "check themselves", the foxes will then gorge on the remaining, before they, too, die. So go and harvest a snow goose or 20. It'll do the environment some good. Snow goose tastes like truck stop steak, so it's not bad, as long as it's fried and gravy-smothered.

Enjot the day...

No comments: