February 15, 2010

Cupid is gone...

Valentine's Day came and went...one of my favorite sounds is the "whooshing" of a holiday as flies by on my calendar. I avoided unavoidable disasters and embarrassments over the weeknd - so mark one up for the home team. I spent the weekend in Raleigh, where we enjoyed about 2 inches of snow for about 2 hours...that's the best kind of snow. Yet, still people went out to by MEB's (Millk, Eggs, Bread) for no immediate or apparent reason.

Cupid, in his diaper and what not, probably got a bit cold in the snow...but that's OK. Over the weekend, I picked up a book for the first time in quite some time. Well, a book that didn't involve work or waterfowl, anyway..."Kitchen Confidential". I can't believe I had never read this book before. And while I am still reading it, I look forward to ending it soon. Bourdain recounts his early endeavors into the kitchen in a way that at times is graphic, but is always honest. If you are a patron that walks in, looks for the Health Department score, then do not pick up this read. But if you do, just remember, it is for entertainment purposes only.

This week, The Eastern 4-H Center will play host to Pocosin Arts' Cabin Fever Reliever. There will be lots of painting and crafts (not really crafts, but excellent work). They'll be here from Wednesday through Sunday.

Also this weekend, Columbia High School is hsting it's high school Ducks Unlimited Banquet...the "school chapter" is one of the first in the country...

The weather this week appears to be dry after tonight's rain...maybe some of these yards can dry out in the sun...

Enjoy the day...

No comments: