February 19, 2010

Catch Phrases

Lately, the 4-H Center has been frenzied with activity - Pocosin Arts is a good warm up for the "really busy" season...my time is plit between the Kitchen, Spring Programs, and Summer Camp preparations - so it's tough to say where my loyalties lie, but those who know me know right where they lie...

Last night, laying in bed with heart palpitations from a night of excitement in the Kitchen, I laid there, first counting sheep - that helps sometimes...however last night I couldn't visualize sheep jumping over a picturesque fence. Instead I was trying to count them as they all ran around a stock yard in New Zealand, a cluttered mess...I am really looking forward to 4-H Livestock Show season - which is just around the corner. I digress.

So, I started thinking of catchphrases, or slogans...its a good way to calm me down and encourage me to laugh away the stress - and laughing in the dark is always fun...here's some I came up with:

The Eastern 4-H Center - "Come see us near the edge of the continent."

Animal Testing - "Really mean, especially the math portion."

Corndogs and Jelly Beans - "Vegetables of tomorrow."

Summer Camp Staff - "Like herding cats with a blindfold."

The Olympics - "Too lazy to do them every year."

Charles Midgette - "The Eastern 4-H Center's most complete male."

Cooking - "Animals don't do it, why should we."

Obviously, I laughed hysterically at my own jokes last night. You, reader, have undoubtedly done the same.

This weekend, the Columbia High School Ducks Unlimited Banquet is being held at Tyrrell Hall - I'll pay homage. I hope it's barbecue, fried chicken, beans, boiled potatoes (which I had never liked until moving here), and hush puppies...

Enjoy the day...

No comments: