May 26, 2009

Golf and a wedding...

SO I made it back from Alabama and Georgia in one piece, fractious, albeit. I was able to celebrate Memorial Day, too. Memorial Day is the best of all Military Recognition holidays. If you question me on that, send me an email...I can explain.

Nevertheless, while in Alabama, my dad and I hit the links for a "brief" 18 holes at Willow Point Golf and Country Club...I grew up playing this course - my dad grows old playing this course. For only the second time in recorded history, I swung my club fewer times than my dad. I beat him by 3 shots, I think. While he has the mental ability to outmatch me, my brawn was to much to overcome on this outing. I muscled one white dimpled golf ball after another until he could no longer catch me. It was close for a while, but as poppa says "the cream always rises to the top"...It doesn't matter that I'm 26 and in the best shape of my life and he is nearly 60 and in the roundest shape of his life...golf is about "50 percent physical and 90% mental"...Most importantly, the golf was not important - It is great to catch up with my "bestest" buddy in whole wide world. I still cooked the celebratory steaks.

This is me and my dad (I am on the right)....

I also visited my grandmother who is nearly 102 years old...she is still a "git-widget" though...the only restraint she has are the locks on the doors of her apartment...she doesn't here very well, especially after she broke a RUBBER hearing aid...I didn't know rubber could break. She is still as pretty as ever, though.

In Lemon Pie related news - my mother made me one...and then made me eat all of it before I left...the pie was great!

Eventually I had to leave the Luker Family Compound and head to Atlanta to the Wedding of my great fried Kevin Hanson...If Kevin can find someone, anyone can...

The wedding was as beautiful as the Bride, Mandy Seymour, now Mandy Hanson. Kevin made for a pretty handsome groom, especially since he has "NFL Caliber Shoulders"...In Fact, the entire groomsen roster was pretty impressive...all are either former football players, current coaches, or former managers (quick enough to play, smart enough to coach, smart enough not to play). We could all pass for Auburn University Scout Team special team's personnel, like punters or punt returners. Anyway, Kevin and Mandy are now in St. Lucia, which is in one of this planet's oceans. I am really happy for them...I also to expect to see a couple of other groomsmen tie (or attempt) the proverbial knot.

Staff training starts tomorrow - my blogs will become sporadic and short, but I will try as hard as ever to bring you good stuff...staff training always leads to great stories...

Enjoy the day...

No comments: