March 6, 2009

No Blog yesterday :(

Yesterday was SOOO busy; I couldn't even blog to tell you I couldn't blog! Today will be busy, but I will give you a short blog.

This weekend will be a "working weekend", which is a bit like a "working lunch" except that it will be longer. I will be able to enjoy the weekend, while working...I think. At approximately 2:00 pm on Saturday, I will make my grand entrance at the Dixie Deer Classic. Contrary to popular belief, the Dixie Deer Classic is not a golf tournament that is played by deer. It is however, one of the largest collection of outdoor enthusiasts in the country. The Wake County Wildlife Club sponsors this event. The Club also sponsors the Fur, Fish & Game Rendezvous at Millstone 4-H Camp. This is the kind of club I want to be a part of! Any club that supports hunter education and youth development has to be good.

Festivities will include Turkey Calling instructions (dial 5 for gobblers?), a retriever demonstration (wish I had a nice lab, I get tired of swimming for ducks), Bowhunter's Association Banquet (no, no - the Bow hunters are eating, not eaten), and the Big Buck contest (not a counterfeiting competition, but an opportunity for people to show of their taxidermied trophy and have it scored).

Believe it or not, many husbands will be granted permission to attend this event. In fact, I have always seen a lot of women attend the event. I have long held that women are far better shooters than men, and many women are also better hunters...they maintain the patience that men do not have in the wilderness. So, if a husband doesn't get permission, he had better be careful upon his return to the homestead.

I look forward to this annual event...I will be "plugging the Fur, Fish & Game Rendezvous...I will be at the NC 4-H Camp booth, right next to the Wake County Wildlife Club's booth...come check out my ugly mug. I will also take time to peruse the other booths and ogle the products peddled by people from all over the country. The Wake County Wildlife Club is a great partner to NC 4-H...among many. So come out and let me talk you into a week of camp!

1 comment:

Kyleen said...

C-

Just stumbled across your blog - its GREAT! Haven't read all your posts yet but I'm working on it. If you guys need any help with technology I think I can help now that im Extension IT. Hope you're well!