March 23, 2009

Finally...a (short) break

For the past 10 nights, I have spent only one night in the comfy confines of my humble abode. The other nights were in hotels. the basic schedule for me follows: Drive, sit, stand, sleep. There was a point to all of it...I didn't drive, sit, stand, sleep for nothing...

This weekend, I introduced an entire region to Camp Canvasback. Everybody was so interested in what they thought was a "great" idea...I could only agree. Camp Canvasback is a wonderful program that teaches teenagers important waterfowling principles...The camp is only $150 for a full week...there is no other Waterfowl Education camp that comes close to that value...and our program is better; Better instructors, better food, better facilities, and better program...Our 4 year tract gives youth a ton of skills in a way that allows them to implement them progressively. Pretty much - we teach kids to have the safest, best time possible upon entering the waterfowl world. Our program are easy to market...amazing activities and amazing value! I like to talk about what we do, because I am proud of it...

Nevertheless, Jonathon Casper, a Program Staff member and expert target sports instructor accompanied me on this venture. Casper (yeah - he goes by his last name) has a monumental beard. He is even tall. Casper was very adept at speaking with new parents and potential campers about the program...and he did it without scaring anyone with his massive frame. Congratulations to all of the people who were able to effectively identify all of our bird wings...we had wings and feathers from a mallard, black buck, and widgeon. More people misidentified than properly identified, but, hey...we were educating the public!

This week will be busy...I will be trained on saw blade technology by world renowned saw blade technologist Charles Midgette...we will finish our landscaping! We have a Team Challenge Course Group tomorrow - I can't wait! This weekend we will be hosting the the NCWRC District Shooting Safety Tounament...the winners go to the State Contest! We will also be hosting a Relay for Life event, but more on that tomorrow! Take Care....

No comments: