November 11, 2011

111111

It's Vets Day. I'm thankful for the brave men who are much braver than I am, their families who sacrifice more than I could ever imagine, and for those vets who paid the ultimate price so that I have the freedom to worship, think, play, and even blog on my own accord. With that said...

Today is 11/11/11. You can reverse it, and it's the same thing. With the right font, you can turn it upside down and still have the correct date. 11 is a fun number, and here's why...

11 is the number of the jersey worn by my favorite Auburn quarterback of all-time...Stan White. He was the first quarterback I can remember when my dad luckily took me to so many football games. We literally remember each one, but not for the games, but rather the time it rained, the time we saw a guy wet his pants, how many hotdogs I ate, and the time the barn burned. Great memories of #11 and poppa...

11:11 was the alleged favorite time on the watch of my high school, puppy-love girlfriend's ex-boyfriend. Why do I remember this? We talked, well she talked, on the phone all night long and it came up every night back in 1999. Her favorite time was 12:34. I need to get a life...

11 push-ups was my max when I committed to changing my life and habits back in 2005. Now I can do, I swear, 11 times the push-ups of anybody you know. That day I though I was weak.

11-0 was Auburn's record in 1993. the only undefeated and untied team in College Football. We weren't crowned the National Championship because of the 1111 year conspiracy against Auburn.

Eleventeen is my favorite number.

I was eleven years old when my sister told me she would beat me up for tearing of the heads of her Barbie, Skipper, and Ken dolls. I was also 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22, 23, and 26 when she said she would do this.

I buy decoys in dozens, but I always pull one aside...I try to always hunt in multiples of eleven decoys. Not really.

Nevertheless, 11/11/11 will be a day for babies to be born and couples to be wed. It should be an easy anniversary to remember. I will get married on 14/14/14...

Enjoy the day...

No comments: