May 24, 2010

The Week ahead

This week at the Eastern 4-H Center, one can expect to see people everyday, everywhere. Today, though, we have a break in the action as the crew turns around buildings for Tuesday nights banquet, Wednesday's Program Group, Thursday's program group, Thursday's Board Meeting, and Friday's & Saturday's Wedding reception set-up and carryout. Sunday there's a family reunion, too.

I have about two weeks to put the finishing touches on my summer camp plans. Registration for many camps is so close to being closed that, well, I t is just really close.

The Scuppernong Gazette named it's monthly Man of the Month. It's Lee Scripture, our very own Center Director, Head of all Honchos, and the Biggest of Cheeses. He's no Cheez Whiz, though. One day, I'll be Man of the Month. I have a sparkling resume'. I once completed the "gallon of milk in an hour" challenge. Lee has earned it, and it maybe overdue, so congralations to him. Also in the Scupernong Gazette, one can find interesting readings on the Red Wolf. There are endagered species, and then there is the Red Wolf. Alligators and Eagles were once endangered, but they recovered enough to rob me of downed waterfowl on the black waters of the Hushmouth. I have seen a few Red Wolves, but never in the Duck Blind. Odds are the Rd won't recover like the aforementioned species. There's plenty of room and board for the wolves right now, but they probably will not cross the western boundaries of Tyrrell County's pocosin.

In related news, my vessel now has a new fuel line. I rarely fix things, in the mechanical sense. This could be one for the books. With Memorial Day around the corner, the craft must be ready for the open waters, though. Those were my marching orders from my lady friend. She ordered, I marched.

Enjoy the day...

No comments: