May 12, 2010

Return!

I'm back, but swamped...my blogging will begin to either get shorter or more sporadic!

I enjoyed my trip to Alabama to see my parents. My mom celebrated her 27th Mother's Day, I celebrated my 27th Birthday, my sister graduated Law School, with the Merit of the Order of the Samaritan (whatever that means), I went whitewater kayaking (finally - and I am really awesome at it), a Coosa County Cold Case was solved, I visited my grandfather, ate "real" barbecue, and saw my other sister! Olivia, my lady friend's schnauzer, was bitten by a spider in her mouth. She has been miserable, but is finally recovering.

We have a giant week or three in a row. Opening Doors is here, followed by Roanoke Chowan Hospital doubling with Royal Ambassadors over the weekend. LeaderShape rides in on their coattails Sunday through two Saturdays from now, with two banquets thrown in for good measure. The following Week, Jackson Middle School comes in from the Triad, along with other groups from our local school system. Then Staff Training, then SUMMER CAMP!!!!

I am really excited, but I am also cooking for a lot of our day groups. I am working to train some new cooks and servers, as well.

Enjoy the day...

No comments: