October 10, 2011

Mr. and Ms. Sova

Well, the most recent weekend here in eastern North Carolina was a wedding wipeout. Weddings at virtually every place that would take a reservation were conducted. The Center itself, played host to one, too. However Chris Sova and his new bride were married Saturday in Belvidere, North Carolina at the Onley Place...and it was great. Everything from the buffet to the bride were beautiful, and even the groom looked better than normal! As a member of the wedding party, my time was spent posing for pictures, getting in line first for the food, and offering a toast to the new couple. I even had the responsibility of not losing the ring, which I held up admirably. Sara Biggs is now Sara Sova, and Chris Sova is now a pretty lucky dude.

What makes their union so special is that the two of them met while working as Camp counselors atthe Eastern 4-H Center. I was in the remarkable position of knowing each of them before they ever knew of each other, and well before Chris could properly pronounce Tyrrell County. Apparently, the wedding was coming almost too late for Chris who said that he could have married Sara many months ago. Even a Court House wedding would have suited him, but I'm glad he waited. Otherwise I would not have enjoyed what might have been the greatest rehearsal and reception meals of my illustrious groomsman career. Friday night Montero's of Elizabeth City pulled out the good chicken and beef loins and cooked them like I never could have. I ate the share of myself and my date. Saturday night's collards, eastern style barbecue, and fried chicken were phenomenal but fell well short of the most immaculate pie I have ever ate too many pieces of...Magnolia Pie. Lips were sealed on the recipe, but I'm certain I can track it down.

Nevertheless, the two of them were great counselors while here. They have an incredible gift with not only children, but all people. Too kind to care, Chris has always been a wonderful friend of mine, despite the silliness I can conjure on a waterfowl hunt. I wish them both the very best...

The upcoming week at the Center will be busy, especially next weekend with the Emmaus Walk. Our Community Fun Day is scheduled for October 29, and rumor has it that it will be the bggest and boldest yet. As more details emerge, I'll post them here...

Enjoy the day...

No comments: