April 25, 2011

My Watch and Summer Camp in Eastern North Carolina

I lost my watch, or somebody has it and will not return it, or it has turned to flesh tone...nevertheless, I'll have to make do without it. If you find a watch, send me a picture message so that I can identify it. I need it. I'm slightly obsessive over not necessarily being on time, but knowing the time. I guess it's a management thing. If you know the time, you know the schedule, you can plan and cross-plan, and you have control. I need my watch for the summer, too.

Summer's just around the corner! On June 6, we'll start our training. Two weeks of in-depth, in yer face trainin'. I'll show all of our summer staff almost everything I know about how to smoothly operate a camp. However, you can prepare for everything, especially the never-seen-before occurrences. However, I'll try to outfit them with decision making skills to be better prepared for those scenarios, should they arise. This year we have staff from as close by as Columbia, NC (2), to New Zealand (1). I also have staff members from South Africa, England, and Plymouth...all distant faraway places.

On June 19 we'll have week 1 of 4-H Camp...I can't wait for that one. Summer is my favorite time of year...warm temperatures, warm water, and warm smiles abound here on Bulls Bay, and I'm the purveyor of fun and nostalgia. We have some openings in our summer camp that week.

One June 26, we will host the second week of traditional 4-H Camp...more of the same, but an opportunity to get better as a camp and a program. And we don't like to squander chances. This session of summer camp is crowded, but reservations can still be made...

The week of July 3 is open for sale...want to have your own camp? Give us a call and we can set you up for the youth camp of your wildest (or tamest) dreams...

July 10 is Grange Camp.While I am probably required to say that 4-H Camp is A#1, Grange is a very close A#2. I love the tradition that they bring to our facility.

July 17 is specialty week...Camp Cloverbud for the littles (ages 5-8), Camp Canvasback for the waterfowl lover (Ages 12-17) and Marine Science and Sailing for the aspiring oceanographer or pirate (Ages 12-17) will all take place that week.

July 24-August 12 is our very own, unique, Take Off 4-Health camp. Health lifestyle camps can be found all over the country, but very few, if any, sport the dynamics that this partnership between NC 4-H and East Carolina's Brody School of Medicine has created...it's available for 12-18 year old campers.

Im also looking to design staff t-shirts. I'm taking any and all considerations. I'm really high on Flesh Tone for some reason...

Enjoy the day...

No comments: