September 21, 2009

WAW (What A Weekend)

The only thing that can be said about my weekend is that it started with a bang...as in "BANG" - the sound that happens when a deer leaps to the road inches from your car. My day and bumper were wrecked.

Saturday morning came with an omen - Me, Lee, and Jonathn were all set to go hunting in Gull Rock...my alaram went off an hour early (2:00 am instead of 3:00 am) so I had an hour to waste...I realized the mistake after getting dressed and drinking coffee.

There was also a possum under my boat, which you don't want to encounter in the pre-dawn darkness.

Nevertheless, Lee, Casper, and I headed south on 94...everything was good until we got to Kilkenny, the middle of nowhere. I drove cautiously, as always (I haven't ever had a wreck or hit a deer - and I grew up in the Alabama hills) and everything was normal. Then she ran into my car. It was that quick - my co-pilot, Casper, could only ride out the storm. After the collision, I pulled in the yard of an abandoned house, which was probably haunted, to assess the damage. There is little that can be done at 4:15 am, 20 miles from a cell signal albeit, so we did what any self-respecting sportsman would do...we tied up the fender, checked the gauges, looked for leaks, and went on to Gull Rock. The Airbags didn't deploy, everything was alright, except for my fender. We were all OK, which is good, you can replace car parts, not car passengers.

Auburn won Saturday night, after a violent rainstorm, West Virginia, struck lightning quick to put Auburn in a 14-0 hole, but these tigers clawed their way back, forcing 6 turnovers and completing an aerial assault, unlike any seen on The Plain before...Auburn 41-West Virginia 30...

Watch the highlight video here



Oh yeah - On Friday night I lost my credit card, cancelled it, then found at 2:15 am in the morning in the back pocket of the britches I was wearing the night before....

Enjoy the day...

No comments: