September 8, 2009

Labor Day weekend, College football!

I am a foolish fool...after writing my Friday blog, I laughed at all the folks who would not read the beautiful html prose, therefore not being able to heed my advice...but I didn't heed it either. I went to the beach with the other 100,000 people - an eclectic mix of New Yorkers, Jersey-heads, Hatterasers, and Trianglicals (most of those were just made-up). It was insane...apparently using a turn signal is forbidden, as well as adhering to the speed limit.

College football was pretty great this weekend. Oklahoma got beat by BYU, but they lost their Heisman Trophy Quarterback, Sam Bradford...hope he recovers soon - good players are good for the game.

Alabama beat Virginia Tech, much to my chagrin. NC State took on the chin from South Carolina in a contest that lacked offensive effort. ECU survived a scare from Appalachian State...that would have been interesting...Carolina won, but who really cares. Wake Forest got beat by Baylor, too.

Oh yeah, my Auburn Tigers pulled off a rousing dismemberment of Louisiana Tech...Auburn unveiled a new offense, and with this unveiled weaknesses in the Louisiana Tech defense. Auburn plays Mississippi State next week...my girlfriend and I will be opposing each other, as she is from Mississippi, and pulls for the Mississippi State Bulldogs. She will be dissapointed. Auburn should embarrass them handily.

The weather has been damp, to say the least...my labor day was rained on, and so is my Tuesday.

Enjoy the day...

No comments: