July 20, 2009

Special Week!

My favoritest week in the world is here...I hate to pick favorites, but I do.
While I love that we serve a ginormous variety of children in many diverse camps, Camp Canvasback, Marine Science & Sailing, and Clover bud are my favorite...I have top 10's for each to explain why:

Canvasback Top 10
10. It's about waterfowl
09. Hunter Safety Certification for everyone
08. Clay Target Shooting
07. North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission
06. Live ducks in Waterfowl ID
05. Decoy Rigging
04. I can blow my Duck Calls and not get in trouble
03. It's a good time to get geared up
02. David Denton is here...
01. It celebrates the culture of NC Waterfowl, but prepares for a better future.

MSS Top 10
10. Oldest specialty camp at the Eastern 4-H Center
09. I like the pretty sails
08. I also want to learn to sail
07. Tying lots of knots
06. All of the counselors are lifeguards
05. The Albemarle Sound backdrop
04. Campers learning lifelong skills and talents
03. I will throw an untied anchor into the water at some point
02. Sunset with sails in the foreground
01. Captain Roger Morgan...he's great

Cloverbud Top 10
10. Filet Mignon every night (not really)
09. Cloverbud campers are tiny and cute
08. Kids say the darndest things
07. They are all future 4-H'ers
06. Cloverbud kids are always happy.
05. One of the campers bows to me when I walk by... not sure why, though...
04. Pool time is "Pool Party".
03. Their rooms are messy, but it is with little tiny socks and shoes.
02. They even cheer Lee up!
01. They always have a knock-knock joke!

There you have it...30 great reasons this week is "off the chain"...

Enjoy the day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, the Clover Buds are the cutest!