July 6, 2009

Operation Purple Camp

It's back...Operation Purple Camp! A camp designed to honor the service of military families and children, runs it second course through the Eastern 4-H Center...OPC is so much fun. And - we are SLAM FULL...there are campers everywhere.

The Summer Staff is starting to look a little tired...I keep telling them to get rest, but they rarely listen to my advice about weekends...they feel that the beach and movie theatre are the only options...try SLEEPING boys and girls...I do it and it works for me.

We have had about 123432.2343 inches of rain in the past day. This leaves trees creaking and cracking...we had one tree fall already. Bud and Charles from the maintenance dept. dispatched the tree to mulch...the rescue boat also "sunk" this morning. I went into total freak out mode. Seeing a boat under the water is unnatural. Lee calmed me down and said that it would be OK because the motor was tilted up and not submerged...I didn't care about the motor...they are not as expensive as a whole BOAT! Nevertheless, Lee was right...after several minutes of bailing, pumping, and more bailing it was fixed. Please see the pictures.




1 comment:

Christie Bonacci said...

My son is there this week with Brad in the Bravo group!!! Thanks for posting the update. The boat pictures are amazing. That is a lot of rain. We live in Havelock and didn't get any!

Thank you!
Christie Bonacci