November 3, 2010

Do Whatever You Want

Today, I proclaim, Do Whatever You Want Day! Other than two stipulations (must be legal and must be appropriate), all else goes.

Why? Well, for the past three months I have lost control over my television. Instead of hearing commercials about a Double Bacon Sandwich from Mc Burger Queen, I have had to hear about how all of these old men and women have broken the law, will improve my life, and improve your life. WHATEV.....

So today, I'll watch TV and know that I will not be grossly grossed out. Moreover, it is funny to see a few late placed commercials about candidates a few days after the election is over! It always happens and proves or reinforces the fact that some people can't pay attention and manage finances or plan accordingly.

While there were lots of races yesterday, most of the Old Guard held on to their seats. I like offensive guards, Right Guards, and yes, the Old Guard. But I'm open to the New Guard, too.

One of the most intriguing, but nonsensical votes of yesterday was to prohibit convicted felons of running for Sheriff in North Carolina counties. The measure passed 80-20. It makes sense that felons shouldn't be sheriffs on two accounts. I don't think felons can have firearms - and I definitely want my sheriff packing heat. Also, the sheriff should UPHOLD the law. Sure people can change, but the sheriff shouldn't wear flip-flops...

South Carolina elected a woman governor. What does she have in common with Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal? You find out, but I think it's refreshing...

So today, do whatever you want. I'm probably going to avoid the rain, use the restroom at my discretion (walk out of meetings when I HAVE to do so...), and finish all of next year's camp registration forms. Soon they'll be out and ready for your printing pleasure. Well ahead of the competition...but since I like competition almost as much as I like winning competitions, I'll always be two steps ahead...

Enjoy the day...

No comments: