November 2, 2010

Community Fun Day Wrap Up

Community Fun Day has come and gone. The Annual Weenie Roast, as I like to call it had plenty of visitors, ice cream, hot dogs, and activities. The weather was perfect for Community Fun Day - mid 70's, light wind, and sunny! I enjoyed seeing all of the visitors and staff that came out...the staff did a great job matching the demand of the activities. The climbing wall can always throw a kink in it, though.

Nevertheless, Patrick, Josh, Broadwell, Casper, Kali the Beast, Mea, Kristen, and Sydney came out to help me pull of the unpredictable amount of guests. Everything from the registration table to archery went really well. Hopefully, the community members that attended had a great time.

I won a door prize! My virtual lack of luck seems to have ended as I won the final door prize, which meant that I could had my choice of a coffee table book, too. I like books, so I took that bad boy. Aside from that, it's like a 3 month reunion when I have some of the staff come back. What was most interesting is that all of the staff are considered the "New Guard" at the 4-H Center...yeah - the ones that will set the tone for the present and future and they also are "mine". Yes, I lay claim to people. But they claim me, too!

Auburn / College Football rant:
This week was "Road Block" Saturday. All of the talking heads gave it this name in hopes that all teams would lose and lay a red carpet out for the university of Alabama. Sure the pretenders lost. Oregon and Auburn won in high style, though. Still, Auburn dropped to number two in the BCS, which determines the pecking order of who plays for the national championship. Our week at number one was fun and shortlived, but we will return. If you are an Auburn fan, please enjoy this and brag to everyone you know and don't know. The last time it happened was in 1985 - I was 2 years old. If Auburn wins out, they'llplay for the whole ball of wax. The pundits have all but declared Alabama the winner of the Iron Bowl. One pundit said just yesterday that Auburn can't go to Alabama the day after Thanksgiving and beat Alabama in a stadium named for Bear Bryant. He was wrong. Auburn has won an ASTOUNDING 86% of games against Alabama in the stadium named after Bear Bryant.
Anyway - pundits - let Auburn play it out. End your love affair with the WAC and MW teams. Sure the schedule is not their fault. But it's not mine or yours. A two loss SEC team can beat ANYONE.

Enjoy the day...

No comments: