October 30, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN...BOOOOOO

TOmorrow is the big day....a big pagan holiday, but not only for pagans - kids, too...and some childish adults.

These are some rules for trick or treating that mush be adhered to if you want me to be your friend on Sunday morning...

1) Only trick or treater's under 10 years of age are allowable.
2) Just a mask is not a costume...show some effort, and don't hide your face...
3) Do not toilet paper my yard...it is a great waste - unless you are my mom, who recovers the toilet paper and USES IT!! That is the truth....
4) Do not eat candy without letting your parents inspect it (but don't let them pick out their favorites)...
5) Do not dress up as a food item. I detest these costumes...dress scary, or scarier than regular days.
6) Always carry a flashlight and walk with your parents or another responsible adult that your parents approve of...
7) Eggs are breakfast food, not Halloween tricks.
8) Ignore the Purple Man
9) Stay out of graveyards
10) Save some candy for me!

Halloween is supposed to be a scary holiday...I am particularly scared of the night between the hours of 11:30 pm-1:30 am and from 2:45-3:30...outside of those hours I am totally OK. Not sure why, but 3:00 am is just plain freaky.

I continued my tradition of dressing up as a fellow staff member for Halloween today...here's the historical facts of my costume...
2007- I dressed as Becky Ingalls
2008 - I dressed as Terri the Housekeeper - I wore Lime green cutoff "Daisy Dukes", a blood drive t-shirt, and white tennis shoes, and walked around saying things like "HOIDE CAINTY", "CHURL CAINTY", and "BAIT TOIME."
2009 - Today I fashioned myself as Charles Midgette...I cut my flowing beard into a goatee, wore some glasses, combed my hair, tight blue jeans, staff hoodie, and carabiner with 100 keys attached. He will strangle before the day is over.

I never dress up as anything else other than staff members..and it helps that they are are very scary. Lee always dresses up as a pirate, and on Halloween he dresses up as a cowboy....but he may not even know that it is Halloween.

Last night, me, Joe, Stephanie, and Sara went to Trick or Treat Under the Sea at the aquarium at Roanoke Island...We had an awesome time showing the costumed kiddies "fish" for goldfish crackers...the kids enjoyed it as much as we did, I'm sure...

Tomorrow is Community Fun Day...please come out and see us...activities are from 10-3...lunch is served, too.

Enjoy the day!

No comments: