July 19, 2010

Lost

Last week, blogging was totally lost in my mind. I apologize! Last week we entertained the North Carolina Grange Summer Camp. I really look forward to them marching in with their rich tradition and fun campers, who return year after year.

Speaking of returning campers...this week we have Cloverbud Camp, which is for 5-8 year old children. Hopefully they will all be return campers. Marine Science and Sailing is also this week. Many of them are back for a second run. Camp Canvasback, my heavily biased favorite is entertaining many children that have been here three times!

Sailing Camp will learn to sail (obviously)...so I hope they all expect to learn. Roger Morgan is our Sailing instructor and always builds a great rapport with the teens.

Camp Canvasback is for the aspiring waterfowler. The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission teaches Hunter Education and Firearm Safety. My staff will teach Rock Climbing, Canoeing, Kayaking, and a host of other things. Kevin Briggs, a local State Trooper will be bringing live ducks for Waterfowl ID. I will be teaching an activity on decoy history, making, painting, restoring, and tactics. I may know more than anyone because I have learned through trial and error. Anyway - it'll be a fun week. After this, we only have three more weeks of camp to go...

Enjoy the day...

No comments: