April 6, 2010

Easter Break

I recently took my Easter Break...and it was really fun! While the Easter Bunny didn't stop by, his chocolate covered counterparts did...and didn't leave.

I cooked a gian Easter Lunch, too. Inspired by Joel Robuchon, I prepared a simple roasted chicken, carrots Vichy, and some smashed potatoes. Friday night I prepared my giant hamburgers, which would rank among the tops in the world, in part because virtually everyone that eats them also proclaims them to be the best they've ever had. Really juicy, they most be prepared a certain way. It involves a fork, though. That's the only secret I'll divulge, as nobody gets to watch me prepare them. Spaghetti with sausage was also on the menu one evening, and it, too, is impeccable. My friends want to know why it tastes so good, and why it take so long... I just try to take care of the food I prepare.

Anyway, I had Sunday and Monday off...Sunday was the first opportunity to take out the Duck Boat Supreme aka Yellow Dog (Port of Columbia) out on the Sound. The Water temps were an uncomfortable 64 degrees, yet the river is warm enough to swim. I even saw a couple of wood ducks slipping in to my secret honey hole.

This weeks stands to be busy, as do the rest from here until November...the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards are here for their annual rendezvous with fun, leadership, and coastal breezes. On Friday, my crew and I will do a few icebreakers...Saturday we'll lead them in Teambuilding activities and help them through a wonderful service project...the following weekend in Becoming an Outdood Woman...While I am certainly not a woman, I am positive I would enjoy all of the activities. The ladies will learn or lead activities about canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, outdoor cooking, fishing, and much, much more.

The weather this week could be an omen for the summer. Unusually warm and dry! While I don't like a lot of rain, farmers will need some so that the corn can be put down...the extra hot temps can stay far away, but the Sound will keep our immediate area pretty comfortable...

Enjoy the day...

No comments: